Citizens Development Business Finance PLC (CDB) is a multi-award winning financial institution with a history of over twenty years, ranked within the top five largest licensed financial institutions among 46 Non-Banking Financial Institutions (NBFI) in Sri Lanka. The main financial services offered by CDB include fixed deposits, savings accounts, leasing, personal loans, home loans, hire purchase financing, pawning, corporate and retail credit, credit card and debit card facilities backed by an island wide ATM network, foreign currency exchange, corporate financial services.
An agile digital channel solution for an increasingly young customer base. CDB wanted to provide a highly secured, seamless experience across all channels to customers. They wanted to promote the right product to the right customer at the quickest time. They also wanted flexibility to develop a product and launch it in the market at the quickest time possible. They wanted to achieve with a lower TCO, and a quick, non-dsruptive implementation.
Product & Solution Provided
The bank was looking at a channel-led digital transformation agenda, with a mixed bag of immediate and medium-term priorities. Intellect gave them a comprehensive, loosely coupled and highly capable channel solution.
The modules and solutions offered included –
- Channels – IB/MB, Social Media, Chatbbot
- True Omni-channel experience
- ‘ProMo’ Digital Transformation
- Merchant Banking to cater to SME segment
Benefits to the bank
CBX Retail from Intellect propelled CDB, Sri Lanka, into the digital age and hit the ground running. From a canned set of apps to quick implementation to progressive additions to their product arsenal, CDB’s digital journey has been a line-up of highlights.
- Expedited Implementation: In just four months, the bank went live with the Intellect solution, making for a non-disruptive start.
- Faster Customer onboarding: Moving from manual & paper based onboarding to a true omnichannel solution with DIY capabilities
- Award-Winning Social Banking: CDB Sri Lanka was awarded ‘Best Social Media Initiative of the Year, Sri Lanka’ at the prestigious Asian Banking and Finance Retail Banking Award 2019 for the ‘CDBiTransfer’ feature.
- Greater Agility: CDB has been able to craft and launch products with greater agility than before, and capture key segments. They launched Merchant Banking in a matter of months to cater to the growing SME segment.